Korgs ARP 2600M with its unique sound palette and flexibility, the ARP 2600 is capable of creating a wide range of sounds, from bass lines to strings and pads - perfect for any genre you can think of. Bringing a depth of sound and feeling to each and every sound it produces.
Enhanced portability and a sleek design make it easy to take your music with you wherever you go - perfect for live performances or recording on the go. Coming in at nearly 60% the size of its originator the ARP 2600M makes life easier for artists looking to record on the go or even for that sneaky studio session across town or overseas.
The ARP 2600 M is built with the same care and high quality standard as the ARP 2600 FS in Japan, guaranteeing an extraordinary playing experience. While also featuring the same analog components as the original model, allowing you to accurately recreate its iconic sound. It comes with an ample supply of oscillators, envelopes, filters and amplifiers; all the essentials needed to create unique sounds. As well as a pair of speakers to bring the sounds to life in real time.
Our Thoughts On The ARP 2600M
Personally knowing the history of the ARP 2600 given it has appeared on many tracks and movies with everything from sound effects on Star Wars through to Portishead heck even Depeche Mode all sprinkle the ARP 2600 across tracks. The oppurtunity to now have such an iconic synth available to travel with and for it to be available puts the ARP2600M in reach of a new generation of production. We are all for it.
You can check out the ARP2600M in store and shoot our team any questions during a live demo. Check out all the key features below!
faithful to its original ancestor, the ARP 2600 M includes an host of added features that will make it easy for even non major synth heads:
- Plug and play: Connect any class compliant MIDI controller such as a Korg microKeys, nanokeys or SQ-64 to one of the ARP 2600 M’s USB ports (USB-A and USB-B) and automatically get full control of your instrument!
- Resized: The new size makes it easier to visualise your patch and also allows you to use shorter patch cables
- Two types of filters from two versions of the original ARP 2600（4012 type, 4072 type DIN MIDI IN added
- Pitch-bend, Modulation and Portamento ON/OFF can be controlled through MIDI CC messages (USB/DIN MIDI)
- Normalised voltage: The threshold of the trigger signal required to activate the ADSR through the S/H GATE JACK has become 5V, making it much easier to use in combination with other gear such as Volcas or Eurorack modules
- Improved Attack and Release time ratios
- L/R Stereo Output Jack (instead of XLR)
- Speakers turn automatically off when using headphones
- Improved, smoother sliders