- KORG MODWAVE
Wavetable Synthesis Like Never Before
Korg's MODWAVE takes wavetable synthesis to a new level. Modwave expands on the DW8000's heritage and changes it into an modern synth of today, highlighting inconceivably profound wavetable oscillators, dazzling filters, stunningly adaptable adjustment, unparalleled polyphony, comprehensive sequencing, and quickly fulfilling involved control to convey one of a kind, amazing, and effectively adaptable sounds and expressions.
Modwave offers users more control than ever with new tools for making dynamic movement: Kaoss Physics and Motion Sequencing 2.0. Kaoss Physics joins a x/y Kaoss Pad with modulatable game science to make a responsive, intelligent controller that is—other than being amazing—very enjoyable to investigate. Motion Sequencing 2.0 brings the natural, persistently advancing examples of the wavestate's Wave Sequencing 2.0 into the universe of movement sequencing, including different paths and realtime recording to assist you with making complex and developing expressions that other advance sequencers can't.
Like Wave Sequencing 2.0 (wavestate) and adjusted FM (Opsix), Modwave's advanced wavetable conveys its own image of totally exceptional sounds and control for each capacity design that makes tweaking those sounds quick and simple. The Modwave delivers completely unique sounds and a knob-per-function layout that delivers trust and control at every turn.
There is so much to dive into whether your a build a sound from scratch type producer or tweak sounds that come standard. If you are looking to take your production in a new direction or want to add that special something to an already well defined track the Modwave can do it all.
Use over 30 Modifiers to alter the character of any wavetable at load time. For instance, isolate the odd or even harmonics, add weight through anti-aliased quantization or saturation, or revisit the gritty character of old-school wavetable synths with the Vintage 8 & 12 options.
The 13 Morph Types let you stretch, squeeze, reflect, and otherwise alter the wavetables in real-time, changing their timbre and—when modulated—creating additional motion in the sound. Sync creates classic swept-sync timbres, using only a single oscillator. Three special Morph Types—FM, AM, and Ring Mod—modulate Osc 2 with Osc 1, and the last two even apply to samples.
Using the unique A/B mode, oscillators can blend any two wavetables with phase-synchronous precision—different from simply layering voices—opening up a dimension of intermediate waveforms. Add body to otherwise "thin" waveforms, for instance, or a touch of sizzle to a mellow timbre. Even fade between two different "modifier" versions of the same wavetable. A/B Blend can be modulated in real-time, of course.
Wavetables also sound great when layered with samples, and the modwave oscillators handle that with aplomb. Totaling in the gigabytes, the modwave’s sample library includes new material from KORG, Airwave, and Francis Preve, plus a bank from Plugin Guru and a selection from the Kronos and Krome libraries.
An arsenal of effects
The modwave’s superb effects deliver production-ready sounds. Each Layer has three dedicated effects, plus a send to the Performance's master reverb, followed by a master parametric EQ. Along with standards such as compressors, EQs, choruses, flangers, phasers, and stereo delays, you’ll find distinctive processors such as the Wave Shaper, Talking Modulator, Reverse Delay, Multiband Mod Delay, and Overb (from the OASYS and Kronos), plus modeled effects including VOX guitar amps, VOX wah, multi-head tape echo, and a collection of classic guitar pedals.
Randomization that inspires.
Looking for even more inspiration? A dedicated front-panel button, marked by a “dice” icon, generates new sounds via intelligent randomization. Randomize the entire sound or just a part of it, such as the oscillators, filter, or effects. Use the results directly, or as a jumping-off point for your own creations.
- 37 keys (velocity and release-velocity sensitive)
- Maximum Polyphony
- 32 stereo voices
- Sound generating system
- modwave synthesis engine
- Mod Wheel, Pitch Wheel, Kaoss Physics, 4x Mod Knobs
- Other Sources
- 4x Envelopes, 5x LFOs, 2x Mod Processors, 2x Key Track, Seq Lanes A-D, Step Pulse, Tempo, Program/Performance Note Count, Program/Performance Voice Count, Poly Legato, Velocity, Exponential Velocity, Release Velocity, Gate, Gate+Damper, Note-On Trigger, Note-On Trigger+Damper, Note Number, Aftertouch and Poly Aftertouch (external MIDI only), MIDI CCs +/-, MIDI CCs +
- Most parameters can be modulated, including parameters of individual Motion Sequence Steps.
- Depending on Motion Sequence length, there can be more than 1,000 potential modulation targets per Program.
- Pre FX
- Decimator, Graphic EQ, Guitar Amp, Modern Compressor, Parametric EQ, Red Compressor, Ring Modulator, Tremolo, Wave Shaper
- Mod FX
- Black Chorus/Flanger, Black Phase, CX-3 Vibrato Chorus, EP Chorus, Harmonic Chorus, Modern Chorus, Modern Phaser, Orange Phase, Polysix Ensemble, Small Phase, Talking Modulator, Vintage Chorus, Vintage Flanger, Vintage/Custom Wah, Vox Wah
- L/C/R Delay, Multiband Mod Delay, Reverse Delay, Stereo/Cross Delay, Tape Echo
- Master Reverb
- Early Reflections, Overb
- Master EQ
- 4-band parametric EQ
- Headphone (6.3 mm stereo phone jack), OUTPUT L/MONO and R (impedance-balanced 6.3 mm TRS phone jacks), DAMPER (6.3 mm phone jack, half-damper not supported), MIDI IN and OUT connectors, USB B port
- Power supply
- AC adapter (DC12V, 2500mA)
- Power consumption
- 5 W
- Dimensions (W × D × H)
- 565 × 338 × 92 mm/22.24” × 13.31” × 3.62”
- 2.9 kg/6.93 lbs.
- Included items
- AC adapter
- Accessories (sold separately)
- DS-1H damper pedal, PS-1 pedal switch, PS-3 pedal switch
|*||Specifications and appearance are subject to change without notice.|
|*||All product names and company names are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.|