The DJM-900NXS2 is the next generation in nexus mixers, with a 64-bit mixing processor for a more natural, warm and detailed sound. The controls are even more responsive, with a new gain structure, improved EQ and fader curves. The Sound Colour FX section now has a parameter knob for even more nuanced manipulation. Plus an independent Send/Return means you no longer have to choose between Beat FX and external FX: you can connect your choice of external FX controllers, including apps on your iPad, and layer it on top of the on-board FX. Add to that four phono inputs, DVS support and two USB ports for easy connection to PC/Mac – and the DJM-900NXS2 is a crucial tool versatile enough for any professional booth.
New features of the DJM-900NXS2
High quality audio components for a warm, detailed sound
- Improved digital sound processing: 64-bit mixing processing, enhanced dithering technology and a low-jitter clock – all deliver a warm, natural analogue sound.
- 96 kHz/24-bit sound card and direct digital connection: accurately reproduces high-res audio.
- Newly developed power supply: eliminates unwanted noise and delivers a warmer sound.
- Improved analogue input: a new phono amp circuit, plus a new signal GND terminal to easily attach ground wires from analogue turntables.
Improved EQ, fader and clip controls for smoother mixes
- Improved channel fader curves: the three curves have been fine-tuned for more precision and control.
- New EQ curves: even more precision across the highs, mids and lows.
- More accurate clip indicator: a redesigned gain structure ensures meters don’t go into the red too early.
- Peak limiter: minimises distortion even at high volumes.
More detailed control of a wealth of FX plus an independent Send/Return
6 Sound Colour FX:
- New Sweep: replaces Gate/Comp
- New parameter knob: alters different parameters for each effect.
- Bigger knobs: for more nuanced control of all sound colour FX.
14 Beat FX:
- New FX: Ping Pong, Vinyl Brake, Helix, Pitch, improved Reverb.
- Bigger X-Pad with OLED screen: more easily see and toggle FX and change parameters.
- FX Frequency: choose which frequency range to apply effects to.
- Channel selection LED: know at a glance which channels you’re applying Beat FX to.
Independent Send/Return: connect external hardware and software to use alongside the internal FX. InterApp support means you can use FX/Instrument apps on your iPad – for example the virtual RMX-1000 app.
Two USB ports, 4 Phono Inputs and DVS support for total flexibility and seamless DJ handovers
- DVS control: use turntables/players to control rekordbox DJ performance software via the rekordbox dj DVS Plus Pack (coming soon).
- 4 Phono Inputs: connect up to 4 turntables to channels 1, 2, 3 or 4.
Pro DJ Link via LAN or USB for even more scope and flexibility
Use Pro DJ Link to connect up to 4 players and share one source, see detailed rekordbox information and unlock a number of advanced features including Quantize. You can also connect a PC/Mac with just one USB cable to control rekordbox dj and other DJ software with all 4 players.
High quality, rugged build for professional use
- Magvel Fader: highly responsive magnetic crossfader designed for smooth operation and superb durability.
- 2 headphone plugs: ¼-inch stereo jack and 3.5mm MiniPin
- Gold-plated RCAs: for premium sound quality on all connections
PROFESSIONAL SOUND DESIGN
A studio-quality, 96 kHz/64-bit digital signal processor uses enhanced dithering technology and a low-jitter clock to deliver a warm, natural analog sound. Analogue noise is reduced through improved pre-amp and output circuits too.
6 studio-quality sound FX - Sweep, Filter, Crush, Dub Echo, Noise and Space - are available on every channel. Use the parameter control knob to fine-tune the FX.
Use the large X-Pad to engage 14 different types of Beat FX and adjust the parameters with just one finger. A high-res OLED display instantly shows you which FX are in play.
Choose which frequency range you want to apply FX to. You can add echo to the vocals, for example, or double the rhythm of hi-hat with the touch of a button.
Use built-in FX and an external FX unit at the same time. Simply connect external hardware via Aux. Or connect your iPhone/iPad via USB to engage instrument and FX apps - try it with the RMX-1000 for iPad.
A built-in USB sound card allows simultaneous input/output of stereo signals from 4 ins and 5 outs, while 96 kHz/24-bit high-sampling processing ensures the audio quality. Connect the unit to your laptop or computer via USB and the settings utility tool will automatically open, allowing you to configure the mixer, sound card and audio routing to suit your preferences.
- MIDI Control -Full assignable MIDI controls
- DVS Control -TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO2/DUO2
- P-LOCK Fader Caps - Yes
- Plug and play - Yes
- Auto Standby
- Width - 320 mm
- Height - 108 mm
- Depth - 381 mm
- Weight - 7.7 kg
- Frequency Range -20 - 20000 Hz
- Sampling Rate - 96 kHz
- A/D Converter - 24 bit
- D/A Converter -24 bit
- S/N Ratio Line - 106 dB
- S/N Ratio Phono - 92 dB
- S/N Ratio Mic - 84 dB
- Crosstalk Line - 82 dB
- Distortion - < 0.004 %
- Headroom - 19 dB
- Power Consumption - 30 W
- Master Balance - Yes
- Stereo/Mono Switch -Yes
- Level Meter Size -15 segment
- Master Out Attenuator
- EQ/ISO - 3 band
- EQ/ISO Range -Switchable isolator: -∞ ~ +6 dB / Standard: -24 dB ~ +6 dB
- Level Meter Type - Individual
- Level Meter Size - 15 segment
Sound Colour FX
- 3-Band Isolator - Yes
- Auto BPM Counter - Yes
- Effect Level & Depth Volume - Yes
- CURVE Assignable - yes
- Fader Curve - 3
- Mic Connection - Neutrik Combo
- Mic EQ - 2 band
- Mic EQ Range - -12 dB ~ +12 dB
- Talkover - 3 Position Switch
- Talkover Attenuator - Yes
MIDI Out (DIN) - 1 (5P DIN)
- Connection - USB
- Stereo Inputs - 4
- Stereo Outputs - 4
- Sample Rate - 24 bit
1 MIC (1/4 inch Jack)
1 MIC (XLR/Jack Combo)
2 PHONO (RCA)
6 CD/LINE (RCA)
1 RETURN (1/4 inch Jack)
1 SEND (1/4 inch Jack)
1 year warranty