Battle Mixer for Rekordbox & Serato DJ
Meet the DJM-S9, our first two-channel battle mixer for Serato DJ. With a fully configurable Magvel Pro crossfader and customisable FX buttons and pads, you can tailor the mixer to suit your DJing style. The tough DJM-S9 is build to withstand the most energetic scratch performances, and it boasts high-quality audio circuitry inherited from our flagship 4-channel digital mixer, the DJM-2000NXS.
Tough, responsive Magvel Fader Pro for precision scratch performances
Pioneer DJ’s proprietary Magvel Fader Pro is packed with features that ensure a reliable response – whatever a DJ’s performance style:
Highly responsive operation
The low-latency fader delivers a fast, accurate response, while DJs can change the operational load using the Feeling Adjust dial. Shock-absorbing Fader Bumpers are included in three materials, so DJs can choose the level of resistance they prefer.
Robust build for excellent durability
The DJM-S9 is built to last using a contactless, magnetic crossfader and metal shafts that withstand repeated use over a long period without loss of reliability.
Configurable Curve and Reverse
DJs can adjust the crossfader’s curve characteristics to suit their style and use Reverse to switch the cut lag from the bottom to the top.
Multi-coloured Performance Pads for physical performances
The DJM-S9 has large Performance Pads that are precision engineered for accuracy and rapid response. DJs can use the sixteen multi-coloured pads – eight on each deck – to trigger and manipulate features including Hot Cue, Roll, Slicer and Loop. Or they can choose to map the pads to other functions within Serato DJ. The organic EL display screen shows what mode is in use, and DJs can allocate pad colours to Hot Cues in Serato DJ for an even stronger visual cue.
Customisable buttons give access to a host of on-board and Serato DJ FX
The DJM-S9 draws on the enduring legacy of the DJM-909 battle mixer to give DJs access to a wealth of high-quality FX. Six Beat FX buttons and six Serato DJ FX buttons, plus two banks, mean DJs have unprecedented choice.
- 15 on-board Beat FX with added parameter control: Six dedicated buttons trigger the popular Echo, Delay, Reverb, Flanger, Phaser and Trans effects in time with the BPM. DJs can replace these with other on-board Beat FX – and assign six more Beat FX to the second bank.
- 55 Serato DJ FX: DJs can map the six buttons, plus an additional bank, to their favourite Serato DJ FX powered by iZotope.
- Filter FX: a high pass/low pass filter on each channel lets DJs manipulate FX; DJs can switch this for other filters and FX, including Dub Echo, Noise and Pitch.
- Release FX: use the large RMX-1000 style lever to trigger FX briefly, lock them on, or exit arrangements quickly.
The DJM-S9 is the ultimate plug-and-play Serato DJ mixer, with two USB sound cards to let two DJs play back-to-back seamlessly. The input switcher is on the top of the mixer, so there’s no need to fiddle around at the back of the unit between sets. DJs can switch between all four Serato DJ decks, while DVS support makes the DJM-S9 ideal for Serato DJs who prefer to play using CDJs or turntables. Plus DJs can record direct to the software during performance.
Pro-DJ design for accurate sound reproduction
The DJM-S9 inherits its high-quality audio circuitry from Pioneer DJ’s flagship DJM-2000NXS. The AC inlet is designed to reduce resistance and deliver the stable sound needed in loud club environments.
- MIC input features Echo FX and high-quality circuitry to eliminate unwanted distortion
- Clip display shows when input levels are too high
- Peak limiter eliminates distortion on the Master output
- Built-in 3-band isolator (+6 dB to -∞dB)
- Fully MIDI compatible
- Adjustable brightness
- Lightweight and portable
Software - Serato DJ
- CD/Line x 2（RCA), Phone x 2 (RCA)
- MIC x 1（XLR & ¼-inch TRS jack）
- AUX x 1 (RCA)
- Master Out x 2 (RCA x 1, XLR x 1）
- Booth Out x 1（¼-inch TRS jack）
- Headphone Monitor Out x 2 (¼-inch stereo jack, 3.5-mm stereo mini jack)
- USB x 2
Frequency response - 20 Hz ～20 kHz
Total Harmonic Distortion ratio - 0.005％ or less
S/N ratio - 107 dB (USB）
Maximum dimensions (W x H x D) - 267 x 107.9 x 407.3 mm
Unit weight - 4.6 kg