- Pioneer DJM-S5 Scratch Mixer
They're BACK! Yes, the very common event that Pioneer DJ return with another product to add to their ever growing line. The new Pioneer DJM S5 is a scratch mixer that most scratch DJ's will feel instantly at home with. The layouts resembles that of the S11 while the feeling ticks all the right boxes as well.
While the DJM S5 is designed specifically for use with the Serato DJ Pro software, the build quality and feel (like all the DJM range of late) continues to put it in a class of its own. It's bold and bright red, is it the two-channel, scratch-style mixer you've been looking for? Let's find out...
When covering the mixer you will find the DJM-S5 has mic level, aux level, and crossfader tension adjust knobs. As well as ¼ inch and ⅛ inch headphone jacks, along with a nice little plastic panel showing the inside of the crossfader tension adjustment.
We find all the usual suspects on the DJM range of mixers, the Magvel Fader Pro which is still a stand out feature many other brands are struggling to match as well as all your EQ, Filter and Trim. Throw in the performance pads just above the fader section of the mixer. Which have a slightly different feel (great response though) to the S7 though not a bad thing just slightly different. The Hot Cue, Roll, Auto Loop and Sampler pads which also share the Gate Cue, Cue Loop, Saved Loop and Scratch Bank on secondary (5 To 8 Button push) that please everyone who is looking to juggle and scratch the house down.
The FX bring more diverse creativity through the use of the scratch cutter and all the Serato FX with up to six being loaded at one time. While the new DJM S5 brings new vibrance and colour to the scratch mixer line up you really have to see and feel these mixers in person to understand their true value.
If you'd like to come check out any of the DJM range let us know and arrange a product walkthrough with one of the Synthetic Pro Audio & DJ team.
The key features of the mixer worth nothing include:
- A range of effect controls – You can control up to 57 effects in Serato DJ Pro. Worth noting, though – this number includes paid expansion packs.
- 8 Performance Pads – There are four Performance Pads included per channel, allowing you to take advantage of control pad modes like Sample, Scratch Bank, and Hot Cue.
- The Magvel Fader Pro and Feeling Adjust – similar to many of the other mixers we’ve seen from the company, the DJM-S5 has the company’s flagship MFP. Paired with it comes the Feeling Adjust feature, which gives you the ability to adjust your crossfader resistance for each channel.
- Scratch Cutter – a new feature from Pioneer DJ is the Scratch Cutter, which lets you choose from six cutting patterns (emulating a transformer scratch in time with the beat of the other track) and apply them to your track in time with it – without crossfader movement.
- Crossfader Hot Cut – another new feature here is the Crossfader Hot Cut, which gives artists the opportunity to use the crossfader to create a scratch-like sound.
Assignable (click here to see the details)
Compatible DJ Software
Unlocks Serato DJ Pro
Unlocks Serato DVS
What's in the box
Quick Start Guide
Precautions for Use
Warranty (for some regions)
Width - 245mm
Depth - 363.5mm
Weight - 3.4kg